Case Study - Hitachi
Hitachi Power Tools
Hitachi Power Tools UK offers the highest level of professional cordless, mains and outdoor power tools and accessories across the UK. The campaign brief was to launch the 5.0Ah battery for Hitachi’s cordless tools range in a highly competitive market, by engaging with brand loyal tradespeople across the building, plumbing and electrical trades and to challenge its competitors.
THE GREEN REVOLUTION! Our approach to Hitachi’s brief was based on getting the tools, and battery, into the very hands of those who we would be expected to use it. By garnering support from key trade influencers through product trails, we were able to seed qualitative user feedback into product releases with key trade publications. This approach ensured the content we supplied was suitable for the editors, guaranteeing important coverage that would have a ‘ripple effect’ through the trade. The results of the campaign ratify this approach and kick-started a successful introduction of the new battery.
- Associated Hitachi with the trade in a professional environment
- Generated testimonials from the core marketplace where competitors dominate
- Featured in every issue of Professional Builder and Professional Heating & Plumbing Installer from June 2014 to January 2015
- Ensured the tools were in the hands of the trade, creating brand influencers and advocates
- Competitions and product tests across industry titles
- Increase in trade enquiries
- 1000% increase in social media engagement
- Thousands of views on You Tube
Case Study - Big Wipes
In April 2014, Big Wipes, the leading industrial strength wipes specialists, was launching its new 4x4 formula to the UK trade. The campaign needed to clearly demonstrate the power of the new product to the building, plumbing, electrical and painting and decorating trade media along with merchant titles.
BRITAIN’S GRIMIEST TRADESPERSON! Our solution was both strategic and physical. Ensuring Big Wipes was front of mind with editors prior to the launch was vital to ensure pick-up when the campaign commenced. By briefing editors well in advance and ensuring the launch was timed in-line with key publication April deadlines, we were able to gain strong editorial attention from a number of priority publications. Coupling our content deployment strategy with real life experience trails, we organised on-site demonstrations with the very tradespeople we were targeting as well as offering 4x4 driving experience days for readers, creating further editorial in subsequent issues. Our campaign secured a strong ROI for Big Wipes.
- 20 items of coverage in two months across target titles
- More than 500,000 active tradesmen at the trade counters experiencing the new product
- Total opportunities to see: 1,878,070
- Features in the key building, heating and plumbing, electrical and builders merchants’ press
Case Study - DAB
Leading pump manufacturer DAB Pumps wanted to launch its award-winning e.sybox low water pressure pump to the UK marketplace, reaching specifiers, distributors and installers who would fit the product.
We created both the above and below the line campaigns, ensuring that both complimented each other for maximum effect. The PR strategy was based on highlighting the benefits of the e.sybox and aligning DAB pumps with target trade consumers. The Ad campaign was produced in synergy with the platforms the brand used to create a consistent look and feel, regardless of a customer’s entry point. Included within this was a social strategy, specifically designed to build peer and customer engagement whilst highlighting important and relevant aspects of the product range. Further print coverage was confirmed by bringing editors to the Italian HQ to showcase DAB Pump’s attention to quality and innovation, a vital differentiator in a highly competitive sector.
- Print coverage in every trade magazine including step by steps and technical features
- Ensured the product launch achieved success – e.sybox is an innovative product which the step by steps and editorial coverage showed
- More than 53 items of e.sybox coverage including front cover of PHPI
- 12 full page / double page features
- The product launch reached more than 1,500,000 readers
- Twitter followers grew by 484%
- 122% growth in Facebook engagement
- Positioned DAB Pumps as market leader
Telephone: 01582 635105
Mobile: 07909 229067
Aria Public Relations Ltd
960 Capability Green,
Luton. LU1 3PE